Kuehl Capital Manages All Aspects of Transactions
Here is a basic listing of our Transaction Services:
Address Resident Concerns
Assist both the District and attorney in addressing the proposed project and related financing concerns to the residents.
- Educate residents of strengths and potential risks of transaction.
- Attend court hearings for District, and provide expert testimony for new bond issuance.
Advise Method of Sale
Advise District regarding the optimal method of sale, taking into account market conditions and other pertinent factors.
- Help District determine ideal financial structure.
- Determine appropriate size of bond issuance for debt capacity and IRS compliance.
- Advise as to structure, timing, and terms of warrant and bond issuance.
Prepare and Deliver Initial Disclosure
Assist disclosure counsel with drafting of warrant offering circular and bond official statement.
Coordinate Warrant Issuance
- Review meeting minutes and resolutions.
- Prepare IRS form 8038-G and 8038-GC for registered warrants.
- Act as liaison between District and bond counsel by packaging warrants and meeting minutes and address deficiencies in order to obtain tax-exempt legal opinion.
- Register warrants with county treasurer.
- Obtain payee warrant endorsement.
- Facilitate warrants’ purchase by underwriter and payment to contractors.
Structure, Prepare and Issue Bonds
- Prepare finance plan and related transaction timetable.
- Construct cash flow models of recommended debt structure, advising on appropriate terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with bond counsel in preparation of authorizing resolution and other documents. Work with District and disclosure counsel to prepare official statement.
- Review all legal documents, and the final official statement, for accuracy. Work with bond counsel to ensure all regulatory documentation is filed. Assist in closing the process.
- Structure debt issuances to comply with applicable Nebraska statutes, IRS code, SEC regulations and MSRB
- Verify bond payoff amounts on refunding issues. If advanced issue, provide calculation of net escrow funding requirement, coordinate selection of escrow agent and recommend appropriate investments for escrowed proceeds.
- Prepare and present final analysis packet for district trustees.
- Prepare and coordinate the District’s filing requirements regarding tax-exempt debt and file IRS form 8083-G.
- Coordinate closing activities between District, underwriter and other involved parties.
- Identify qualified underwriters.
- Advise District of best underwriter after evaluating the marketplace.
- Consult with underwriter to determine marketability of recommended structure.
- Negotiate underwriting terms and rates on behalf of the District.
- Identify and explain all transactional risks to District as disclosed in the G-23 and G-17 underwriter letters.
- Help District to understand financing alternatives and final bond pricing.
- Identify active SID underwriters and advise District which firms should be approached.
- Develop and distribute to selected underwriter(s) District bid request with specific terms and conditions.
- Receive and evaluate bids to verify best qualified, lowest bidder that also meets specified terms and conditions.
- Recommend and award bonds to bidder.